Monday, March 23, 2009

A Pretty Random Collection of Photos (with captions)

A couple weeks ago, we took our first family trip to the zoo. Unfortunately, it wasn't too fun: Hamilton only wanted to walk (without holding hands), it was crowded, and I'd consumed about 500 calories after running 15 miles (=hungry/cranky Kate).  We'll try again when he's older...and it's not a Saturday.
He did enjoy taking off/putting on the lid to his sippy cup while he had free reign over the outdoor eating area.
He's kind of a picky eater...but he enjoyed walking around and chewing on this lemon. 
When I was pregnant, Alex told me of his "fatherhood fantasy" of his little boy dressing up like a leprechaun and delivering cookies at work on St. Patrick's Day. Because I love both my boys, we compromised with a t-shirt and "surprised" Alex at work.  Of course, "surprised" meant I called an hour ahead...lawyers don't like to be that surprised.
Today we went to the South Coast Botanic Garden. My boy likes outdoors and "wow-wers," and I like being somewhere where he can really walk around without hurting/breaking/etc. anything.  We said "Wow!" a lot, so I think we've discovered a regular hangout for us.
I made him pump his own water. We're preparing for the worst in this economy.

"Moooo!"

8 comments:

Mer said...

1. Props for running 15 miles.
2. Such cute pics.
3. Is Hamilton's hair turning red? It looks like it in the St. Patrick's Day pic.

Sally said...

15 miles. Wow-ers.

Please invite me next time you go to that botanical garden. I might even bring you a churro.

heidi said...

Great post. Hamilton is adorable. I'm so glad he liked the "wow-ers". And, Sally, please bring Kate a churro after a 15 mile run. (great job, by the way). Glycogen replenishment, my dear. It's all about the glycogen.

kate said...

I had a churro on Saturday - yum! (only 12 miles that day though).

A bummer fact about running: Once you run a certain distance, it's no longer impressive because you know it's very do-able.

Mer: I dyed his hair for the holiday. Kidding...I think it's just the lighting. That said, his hair is kind of like a mood ring.

Sally: We'll probably head back there next week...I'll keep you posted.

Heidi: Great to know glycogen can taste so delicious.

Snydely Yours said...

The combination of "15 miles" and "do-able" was a bit of a shake up for little lazy me. I need to trade in my baby carriage for a jogging stroller. Even if you don't jog with the thing, heaving the stroller on to buses burns calories and builds muscles.

Whitney Rice said...

15 miles= incredible

Hamilton= such big boy now. He is so cute.
I cannot wait to see you guys!

jami v. said...

i love the random photos and captions. :) i can't believe how big hamilton is getting! wow.

Beth said...

Alex's 'fantasy' is one of the funniest things I've ever heard! I know when I was pregnant with Ben, Alan couldn't wait til Ben was old enough to play catch...but surprisingly, dressing him up like a treat bearing leprechan never came up! That's hilarious. Alex's coolness factor just totally went up in my book.