Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Disneyland Birthday!

We decided to take advantage of Disneyland's "Year of Celebrations," so we spent my birthday there.  A good choice too because it's hard to feel too old when you're at Disneyland.  We even ate lunch at the "Celebration Roundup," hosted by Jesse herself.  Woody also made a guest appearance.  And just so you realize what a terribly exclusive event this was...Patricia Arquette also chose to dine with us.  How nice! :) 

Chip and Dale spent a lot of time with Hamilton.  They took turns pointing at the cow.  I love that Hamilton's interactions show no distinction between humans and six-foot chipmunks.


petting goats...hilarious

Hamilton shouts "Neigh!" whenever we pass the carousel.  As you can see, both he and his dad take riding horses very seriously. Grandpa Phillip will be so proud.

Hamilton loves balloons. Alex loves Hamilton. So, Hamilton gets a $7 balloon.  (I must say, it's not a bad deal...days later, the balloon is still floating around our ceiling.)  When I turned around to look at Hamilton holding the balloon, I thought it made a pretty funny picture...

Despite no nap, we had a really great day. And a big thanks to my grandmother (aka Doodie) for letting Hamilton sleep at her house, so Alex and I could do a couple "big kid" rides.


6 comments:

Heywood Clan said...

Happy Birthday!!! I would love to spend my birthday at Disneyland! I sure hope we can renew our passes!

Treidi said...

I refuse to do the acronym. But reading this post did make me laugh out loud.

The Hamilton/balloon shot iced the cake.

Happy Birthday Katie. It think your 31st year will be excellent:)

jami v. said...

sounds like a good place to spend a bday - happy bday, by the way!!

the mickey balloon picture is HILARIOUS! :)

heidi said...

What fun! Love the picture of Hamilton and his balloon. Can't wait to finally use our passes and go to Disneyland together. What could be more fun than our 3 little boys running around? A corn dog on main street is a close second.

cristie said...

It's been a while since I've checked out your blog, and low and behold, you have this big boy walking around instead of the little baby I always imagine in my head. Hamilton is super cute--even when he's half-hidden by Mickey. : ) I bet he and William would get along famously.

I hope you had a magnificent birthday. I wish we could come to Disneyland with you one of these days! My boys had such a good time way back when that they now study the map regularly in preparation.

Oh, and I'm incredibly impressed with your marathon prowess!

phillip said...

As I expected, my Disneyland girl is raising a Disneyland boy.

One of my favorite birthdays was the one we spent at Disneyland in 1997. Too bad you were in Germany. Glad to know you're making that up with Alex and Hamilton.