Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Hamilton!


My little boy turns TWO today.  Hard to believe.  He's been a bit of a cranky-pants the last couple of days, so I will take this birthday naptime opportunity to list a few reasons why I DO love this growing little man (and why I didn't abandon him at Ikea yesterday).
  • Friendly and polite ("hi's" and "thank you's" for almost everyone)
  • Sometimes he just wants to hold hands while we're driving (kind of difficult but worth it).
  • Being super naughty and then--just when I'm about to really lose it--surprising me with a "Sorry, Mommy," a snuggle, or an "I love you too!"
  • He likes me to tuck him in--this process includes 2 small blankies, a stuffed otter, and a big blankie (at minimum...sometimes adds a penguin, Mickey Mouse, and a Matchbox car).
  • He tells "toot" jokes (thanks, Luke).
  • He loves to help in the kitchen, especially licking the mixer beater.
  • Reading together...no matter the drama leading up to nap/bedtime, storytime is always positive.
  • His love of music---plenty of dancing and singing going on at our house and in the car.  His current fav: Vampire Weekend.
  • How much he loves his daddy...even though it sometimes makes me jealous.
  • His (usually) pleasant company at lunchtime. 
  • And, although it tries my patience, his independence and curiosity.
Happy 2nd Birthday Hamilton! I love you!

6 comments:

Johnathan and Mackenzie said...

Happy Birthday Hamilton. We have a surprise for you but you'll have to wait and see what it is.
Love Kieran's parents.

Linda said...

Happy Birthday little man, and happy 2 years womder mom.....as a wise person once said,"this too shall pass...." but this time is so fleeting,its difficult to believe that one day you will miss it. Nanna hss a surprise for Hamilton.. and mom I love you both, and of course Alex too. Enjoy the little menial things...these are the memories you will cherish forever... mom

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alan said...

Happy B-day Hamliton!

My girls would always want me to hold thier foot if they were sad. I still do it sometimes when Caroline is throwing a fit (which is everyday), and it still calms her down.

Heywood Clan said...

Happy Birthday Hamilton! He is too cute!!! Thanks for the Christmas card. Your family is beautiful! I'm hoping to do better next year and get mine out on the 1st so they actually get out. :)

Mer said...

Your stories make me so excited - and a little apprehensive - for my little Will to keep growing. Give Hamilton a belated birthday hug for me - and one for you too!