Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Texting Part II: News

01/23/06 from Alex

Holy schnikeys!

Response to finding out that our offer had been accepted...we were on our way to being home owners! Just wish the date for this excitement was NOT 2006. Grrrrr...

09/29/06 from Alex

In car crash. Am ok car is not

Seriously?!?! This is how you tell me you've been in an accident? Needless to say, I was a little crazy until I actually talked to him. He WAS fine...even more fine when his old Saturn was totaled, and he got the sporty car he'd been wanting for years...a certain ring purchase delayed the dream a bit :).

Me to A lot of People 08/07

It's a boy!

08/07/07 from Meridee

Congrats! Nate will be jealous. He is afraid that we will have all girls. Thanks for keeping me up to date.

FYI: She had a boy too!

08/07/07 from Andrea

Congratulations i was wondering what the results were wow u surprised a lot of people

All grandkids and stepgrandkids born up to this poijnt have been boys, so each pregnancy brings a lot of girl hope.

08/17/07 from Alex

Can't wait to see you and Hamilton!

Already a good daddy! Also, a very early name test...guess we stuck with our first choice!

Fall 2007 from Me to Travis

A glimpse into my life: i'm waiting for my epidural/labor drug class to start!

I totally took advantage of all the classes the hospital offered. Alex and I had a good time going to the birthing one together.

12/26/07 from Bob

Is it Hammer time?

My favorite "is the baby here yet?" question. I got a few of these the end of December :)

12/29/07 from me to my dad

Going for a walk--it's 4:30. I have my phone

I think the date is right...why else would I save this message?? Went on an epic walk with Alex, Dad, and Delys. I was like a woman obsessed: "I'm going to WALK this baby OUT of me!" People had a hard time keeping up with me...at some point, I started jogging. Guess it worked...labor began before I went to bed.

03/08 from me to family

Hamilton just rolled over!

I actually didn't see him roll over...I was too busy watching a Carolina basketball game.


Early 2008 from me to Alex

He's walking while holding on to stuff that moves! He even walks while holding my hands!

AND

Hamilton is walking all over the place today!

Two responses to this: 1. Why was I excited about Hamilton's mobility...so naive. 2. I am STILL excited when he walks and holds my hand...and I don't mean that in a cute way, I mean that in a "ahhhh...we're in a parking lot!!!! hold my hand!!!!"

10/28/08 from Alex

The judge issued his order in the Boy Scout case - we won.

Awesome news...Alex worked soooo hard and did the arguing in court. Very big deal!

01/15/10 from Travis

To my fellow Lu Ann lovers out there...Put on some overlies, bake a cookie, drink some diet pepsi, and squeeze the people who love you. ten years...ugh

02/03/10 from Alex

Thinking of you (fondly). :) 15 days to baby!!

So glad when his thoughts of me are positive! And, of course, it's actually NINE days to baby. So much for scheduled c-sections!

03/25/10 from Jack

I heard. You got my love and prays babe.

When Beckett had to have surgery. We had a lot of sweet wishes from family and friends during these few days. Scary time, but kind of hard to remember looking at our chubby legged boy now!

03/26/10 from Jenilee

Ok! He's great! No joke. Hope u r ok...

Our friends the Lowes watched Hamilton for 24 HOURS when we took Beckett to the hospital...they had no warning and no idea they'd have him this long (thanks, ER effeciency). They made it possible for Alex to be with me and Beckett, which helped a lot.

03/26/10 from Alex

Never heard the alarm! Leaving in 5 minutes. So sorry!

Alex went home to sleep when we finally got in our room. I spent a loooong night holding little IV-ed Beckett and trying to convince him that a pacifier was as satisfying as food. Alex woke up about 30 minutes after he was supposed to BE at the hospital. Ooops.

07/13/10 from Dad

36 years today love dad

Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad. A bittersweet text to get. Accompanied with a photo of her headstone. Life is....hard sometimes.

08/23/10 from me to family

Hamilton just rode his first rollar coaster and loved it!

Responses:

Jackson: So glad I have a little daredevil for a nephew

Travis: Awesome

Dad: Wow his mama's boy

Tracey: Why am I not surprised?Rollar coasters, they seem tailor-made for him!




2 comments:

jami v. said...

i am so jealous that you've saved all of these, and now have them recorded somewhere. they are awesome ... :) i loved reading them.

Heywood Clan said...

Me too! I never thought to save any of mine. That is way cool!!!!