photo totally unrelated to blog, but I kind of love it, so here it is.
Beckett loves...
- staying up later than Hamilton.
- watermelon. He gets upset when you have to take the rind away, even when he's handing it over.
- chasing and being chased.
- McQueen matchbox cars.
Beckett does NOT love...
- being put to bed without an extended program of snuggles, back rubs, mobile music, temporary release from the bedroom, more snuggles, face pats, and so on.
- too much sun.
- ear infections.
Hamilton loves...
- swimming pools.
- his temporary El Gringo Mexican Restuarant tattoo. I've been washing around it for about 2 weeks. Sadly, it disappeared over the weekend due to another "love," a swimming pool.
- our new Disney soundtrack (esp. "Supercalifragil"...oh, you know what I mean, and "Yo Ho, Yo Ho."
- his pirate patch and sword. And you can only fight him when you have a patch on too.
- saying "Humph! I hate it!" when he's upset or "Argh! Fine!" when he begrudgingly agrees to do something. I'm responsible for the latter...blaming some yet-to-be-determined show for the former.
- being able to walk around the store, rather than being in the cart.
- new library books.
Hamilton does NOT love...
- being cooped up.
- doing anything with Mommy when Daddy's around.
- being cautious or fearful of anything except the Matterhorn and Go-Coaster, two things I'd actually like him not to be afraid of.
- that his best buddy Stockton is moving. At least, I know he won't. I haven't had the heart to tell him.
Alex loves...
- getting new suits.
- being a great dad.
- completing projects.
Alex does NOT love...
- sleeping in the same bed as a restless Hamilton: sleep talking (something about Christmas), kicks in ribs, and so forth.
- my helpful co-pilot driving, as in "AHHHH!! Watch out!!" He seems to find this more dangerous than the danger I'm warning about. Strange...
- that he's the one that always has to take Hamilton to the bathroom (see Hamilton's "does not love" list before you judge me too harshly).
Kate loves...
- Zumba. Wonderfully out of my comfort zone. I'm hoping that in time my hips will actually move a little when I tell them to.
- looking in the back seat seeing her cute boys happy.
- Cadbury mini eggs...they're yummy, can be used as bribes, and they always make me think of my friend Meridee.
- surprise mini-getaways with the family (thank you, court appearance in Indio! and in case you're wondering, that was for Alex as an attorney, not for any misdeeds committed in that area).
- reading good books. Latest two: Death on the Nile and Cutting for Stone.
- Beckett's hand on my shoulder when I'm holding him on my hip. Heart warmer every time.
Kate does NOT love...
- putting Beckett to bed, although that extended process is letting me write this blog. Right now I'm listening to him cry and wondering, is he calming down? or has Hamilton climbed into bed with him? Nope...he's started up again. Maybe I should just make his bedtime begin at 9:30, since that's when he finally goes to sleep. Grrrr. Doesn't he know this routine is totally eating into grown-up time?!?!
- swim suits.
- Disneyland construction (it'll all be done just in time to be blocked out for the summer).
- how Target takes all my money.
- how I keep having LOTS of good intentions and goals, but I am terrible at following through on them. I'm going to pretend one of my goals was to write this blog, so I can feel some sense of accomplishment.
3 comments:
How funny - you and Jami mentioned my apparent obsession with the mini eggs... good thing I can get them here in Dubai! I love your lists btw.
great, great lists! i love reading them ... and i, too, hate how target takes your money. they took WAY too much of mine today and i only left with 3 bags. don't ask me how they do that.
i need some details on cutting for stone. i started it. even got to the almost 300 page mark and wasn't loving it. i didn't even finish it. i never do that with a book but i just wasn't connected. what did i miss???
This was so fun to read. I love you guys!
Post a Comment