Thursday, February 16, 2012

Letters

I have lots to do right now, so it seemed the perfect opportunity to write a quick blog entry....

Dear Beckett,

When did you become a "big boy"? Your mommy is confused but very grateful you still let her snuggle you a little.

Dear Alex,

My Valentine's tulips? Love them. They always remind me of our wedding day, which makes me instantly happy and a little more in love with you.

Dear Laundry,

Hooray for me! I have you under control! But I'm begging you, please, not to reproduce like rabbits when I have my back turned for a day.

Dear Disneyland,

Thank you for giving us a place to play when it's raining. The boys and I would have gone nuts at home....and I definitely would not have treated myself to a yummy hot chocolate.

Dear Megan,

Thank you for helping me be a better person with our "be better!" pact. You are the reason this blog entry will be reasonably short and not followed by unproductive internet surfing but rather housework and knitting/party prep.

Dear Bunk Beds,

I am allowing you to live in my boys' bedroom soon. Please try not to create more than a couple ER visits per year.

Dear Julia,

Thanks for inspiring me to be more inspired by family dinner. Seeing the food creation as love and as something to prioritize is making me a better wife and mother. I'm also having fun.

Dear Running,

Thanks for the endorphins.

Dear House,

Don't panic. You will be spotless before we leave on our little trip to San Diego. I promise. Seriously. You can believe me this time.

and an addendum (thanks, Trish)...

Dear Hamilton,

You got to see Star Wars on the big screen with your daddy today. Even the dramatic increase in lightsaber fighting does not make this any less awesome. I love having boys. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How is it that you always end up being adorable? And where is the "Dear Hamilton?"

jami v. said...

love it ... and i had to laugh because i always joke my laundry breeds like rabbits too ... funny. :)