Thursday, November 8, 2012

Gratitude

Last year I did a gratitude journal for November.  I felt like I got a lot out of it.  And here we are November 8th! I guess I'm grateful for being busy??  Let's play catch-up...

Day 1: I am grateful for family Disneyland days.  We had breakfast with the characters and then spent the whole day together, riding rides, enjoying parades, and just being together.  Hamilton was especially grateful to go on big kid rides with his daddy. I, consequently, appreciated time with just Beckett and that the day was so pleasant. Summer heat has been interminable around here, which makes this preggo lady pretty grumpy.

We're so spoiled to have these Disney passes we can use often.

Day 2: I am grateful for kids that do GREAT on long car drives.  We drove down to San Diego for a pre-baby family getaway and The Color Run.  The drive should take less than two hours, but between bathroom/food stops and TCR packet pick-up, we were in the car a long time.  Beckett slept for a portion, and Hamilton was happy to read books and enjoy some imaginative play.  We only busted out electronic devices when Alex and I were sorting and stuffing 23 TCR bags (leaving the boys stuck in the car).

Day 3: I am grateful for The Color Run's success.  My brother had an idea in the midst of a really trying time, and it's pretty incredible to see that idea flourish.  His story could be a movie, seriously. There is still some heart-sickening drama associated with it, but overall it is confirmation of my brother's creativity, race director experience, and quickly growing business acumen.  I'm so proud of him...and so glad it looks like he will physically and mentally survive this gruelling first year.

Day 4: I am grateful for my new nephews.  We got to attend the blessing of Parker today.  He seems as sweet as his brother (lucky Karen!).  We also added Gavin to the family after some unexpected complications.  And then there's Baby Hank whom I got to meet for the first time this last week.  He is chubby, adorable, and sweet...exactly the baby Heidi and Travis needed!

Day 5: I am grateful for the chance to be a "preschool helper." It's a chance for me to see Hamilton outside our normal day-to-day routine.  It's like I see him with new eyes...watching his concentration as he practices his cutting or how he plays with the other kids.  He is so, so great, and I am lucky to have him.  It's somehow easier to forget this at home...I guess because I get caught up in getting housework and other projects done, rather than just soaking up being a mom.

Day 6: I am grateful for the friends I have in our ward.  They are smart, generous, funny, and kind.  I got to enjoy their company at Jasmine's baby shower this night.  I guess I should also say I'm grateful to be able to vote! :)

Day 7: I am grateful for Alex's board game nights.  It's important for me to be "just Kate" sometimes, so I know Alex must feel the same.  He definitely deserves a break from father, husband, and attorney!

Day 8: I am grateful for the truthfulness of 2 Corinthians 1:3-4...

Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of amercies, and the God of all bcomfort;
 Who comforteth us in all our atribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the bcomfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.


No comments: