
I have been "off" the blogging world lately. I'm not sure why these phases occur. Perhaps because some usual readers (that's you, Trav) have also been "off" blogging, so I've had fewer comments to encourage more posts. Or maybe because I've been out of town a bit. Or even because one of those trips "out of town" was so awesome and blog-worthy, I feel a little overwhelmed. So, while I work on my Caribbean Adventure post, here's a little piece of news that almost rivals a seven-day cruise:
HAMILTON STARTED NURSERY ON SUNDAY! HURRAY!
For those unfamiliar with this milestone, let me offer a few reasons why my LDS toddler turning 18 months is so awesome:
1. I need to pack fewer snacks and toys for Church.
2. I get to go to Alex's Sunday School class....finally! He's an awesome teacher, by the way.
3. I get to wear jewelry for 2 of the 3 hours of church.
4. Alex gets to spend the 3rd hour of church in Elder's Quorum and not chasing a wild man around the church grounds.
5. Hamilton continues to put on his best behavior for relative strangers, which makes people in the ward think I'm a much better mom and Hamilton a much more obedient boy than we actually are. Let's hope we can keep up the charade for a while...
6. 2 hours of free baby-sitting is one more reason we know the Church is true. Seriously.
Of course, the downside of all this is that it means my baby is gone and has been replaced by a growing toddler. Time goes by far too fast.
*The photo above is from Father's Day. Hamilton gave Alex an outfit to match his own. How much does Alex loves us? :)
8 comments:
i do love to hear about my little spjuties down in california, especially when it involves alex and hammertime in matching outfits which causes me to chuckle every time i think about it. i am anxious for information on tis cruise! i would also love a blog about the family reunion i couldn't go to. i hear talk of you coming up with mary ann or at least around that time, if that is so, let me know when and i can get days off of work to spend with you guys
Not many people can pull of the matching outfit, but he actually does it well. Kind of magazine worthy. Maybe the Children's place will pay you for your idea here...or steal it right from under you.
I noticed a type-o. Yeah, my letter keys are covered in sticky mess from a well used day by a 3 yr old. I know what I will be doing tomorrow!
So happy for you. All Lds moms can relate, it's a glorious day.
Yay!!! I'm so happy for you too! That is one of the hardest stages before they are old enough to go to nursery. I love the matching outfits too! Very cool! Thanks again for the cute photo album. I love it!
so i'm glad you're back in the blogging world. funny how those spurts go.
i love the pic of the boys in your life :) (does your hubby find it offensive i called him a boy? :) )
ah. the joys of nursery. isn't it refreshing? i think it's almost as good as walking out of your last final at college. it feels that good. :) happy 18 month old to you!!
Hooray for nursery! He's so grown up now that you probably don't even need to escort him there. Although I will miss having a hall buddy when we come and visit.
I can't wait. Not going to lie sometimes EQ can get lame and I may miss the field trips to the gym and drinking fountain.
Post a Comment