
I know the term "white trash" isn't too "PC," but I'm not sure how else to describe the following situations I've experienced in the last couple weeks...
- It's been uncharacteristically hot down here the last few weeks. And if you know me at all, it means I'm cranky a large part of the day. I think the pregnancy and paying a lot of money to live in 70 degree beach weather only deepens my hatred of HOT. One hot Saturday afternoon after neither Hamilton nor I went down for a nap, I proposed we venture outside (which is often cooler than our upstairs). So, we walked on over to the old 7-11 where we got Slurpees (cola-cherry combo=heaven) and a "push-pop" for Hamilton. Not wanting to destroy his shirt, I took it off. And thus, we found ourselves walking around with Slurpee cups and a shirtless toddler. Classic.
- Alex's sister got married last weekend; she and her new hubbie are honeymooning on a cruise ship that left out of San Pedro. Alex and I agreed to pick up their car to avoid a big parking bill. Long story short (which involves a big thanks to Mackenzie and Kieran), I found myself driving around in a "Just Married!" car--pregnant and with Hamilton. I'm sure when most people saw who was in this "Lovebirds!" car, they felt a measure of disappointment and a great deal of sympathy coupled with "well, at least he's made an honest woman of her."
2 comments:
cherry cola slurpees are never, i repeat never, not classy. and from what i can surmise, being shirtless in southern california isn't nearly the faux-pas it is here in utah. I could try to rationalize the car thing away too but then i thought if i were removed from the situation what would i think. . . i would think exactly what you said hahahaha.
funny. the mental pictures had me laughing outloud. :) i can just imagine driving up beside you in the "just married" car, all excited to see the newly wed little couple -- and seeing cute prego and toddler. seriously cracking me up! :)
Post a Comment