Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Notes...

Dear Happy Meal: HA! You failed in your efforts today to tempt me into eating even one french fry! Oh...and thanks for providing the one meat protein that Hamilton will consistently eat.

Dear Science Museum: Thanks for a fun morning. We had a great time learning about ecosystems and watching the fish and scuba divers in the big tank. It was even worth navigating 47 different school groups to take it all in.

Dear Megan: Thanks for telling us about the new Science Museum exhibit...museum has gone from boring to awesome. (note: "Awesome" to be read DJ Lance-style)

Dear Boys' Room: I promise, promise, promise to finish decorating you by the end of the month. Um. I hope.

Dear Master Bath: I finally got pictures hung up! You're welcome! It only took 18 months. And, in case Alex ever reads this, he did the actual hanging.

Dear Washer and Dryer: I'm sorry that we haven't been spending as much time together as we were a few weeks ago. Blame Beckett...he is no longer generating a full load of spit-up laundry every 24 hours.

Dear "House Hunters": Thank you for providing both entertainment and a way for me to torture myself by seeing what I could be living in outside of LA. You especially go the extra mile when you show a family of four really wondering if 3800 square feet is big enough.

Dear Ocean: You are the reason the big house in the middle of Kansas seems a little lame. Whew.

Dear Books: I miss you.

Dear Running: When I was nine months pregnant and then fresh off a c-section, I thought (quite dramatically...blame the hormones), "Will I ever run again?" Ha! I promise the 4-miler the other week wasn't a fluke....gym resumes in less than a month and I'm really trying not to be so fat for my poor knees.

Dear Facebook: I apologize for thinking you were pretty lame and a waste of time. I just reconnected with some old friends I'd lost track of...hooray!

Dear Luke: Stop growing up.

Dear Bed: One day I will sleep in you for more than five hours a night.

Dear Alarm Clock: One day I will need you again....Hamilton has replaced you (with a vengeance) in the meantime.

Dear Kitchen: Please stop generating so many dishes. I mean, really, did I not run a full load 12 hours ago?

Dear Music Class: I have not laughed that hard in a long time. Please keep playing songs for the kids to act out and run around like maniacs too. And thanks for ridding Hamilton of his really rotten mood that day.

Dear Gap: I'm being saved, yet again, by your pants.

Dear Brandons: Congrats on the new baby! I hope Beckett and Rhys can be buddies like Kieran and Hamilton...but the calmer, like to take naps versions.

Dear Ashley Connors: Thanks for letting me steal your blog post idea.





3 comments:

Treidi said...

Dear Travis: you are too sweet to comment about. if I did this blog and the world wide web would self destruct.

Mer said...

Thanks for a great idea for a blog post - I'll be sure to file it away and copy you soon:) And sounds like life is treating you well- I hear you on the family of 4in 3800 square feet though!

kate said...

Dear Travis: What I wanted to write to you was a little more sisterly and personal, but it would have been something about your presentation and that I'm proud of all you're doing. Kept it brief...hopefully blogger and internet can handle it! :)

p.s. Hamilton crawled on the couch to the front window and explained that he was waiting for Luke and Travis.