It is after midnight. I'm teaching Relief Society at 11am tomorrow (oops...make that today). I cannot figure out how to organize the lesson, even though I've been thinking about it for weeks. I'm feeling a bit panicky and not remotely confident, which is slightly ironic since the lesson is about appreciating yourself. I am also, as a result, easily distracted because if I'm doing something else, I'm not thinking about this lesson that might not happen.
What am I distracted by?
Thinking about Carolina basketball. How I'm sad I missed so much of the season and that I got sidetracked by Costco and bedtime and thus missed seeing them beat Duke. I'm smiling thinking about my dad calling me as soon as he could to talk about the win...and that as soon as I knew who was on the phone, I knew the purpose of the call. Go Heels.
My eyes are wandering our bookcases. I pulled out my Billy Collins books and read a couple poems. He is so good. Sometimes funny, sometimes poignant. Never cliched. They are even better because I've heard him read them. If anyone wants some poem recommendations, let me know. Too lazy to type any out here...besides, I'm supposed to be working on my lesson, remember?
And now I find myself writing on my blog. Maybe writing here will help writing and organizing elsewhere?
Hmmmmmm...is it working?
Shoot.
2 comments:
How did it go? Did you pull it together? I bet you did!
I missed it today because Landon puked on me....right before the confirmation. I smelled like a flower. We went home afterwards, needless to say.
It went well because I relied on the class to make the lesson...that's the benefit of our awesome Relief Society.
Why do kids choose the best times to throw up? Alex has consistently gotten the worst of it: example... on a tour bus 30 minutes from our cruise ship. It was an epic amount.
Glad to see everyone well tonight!
Post a Comment