I've done two new things this year especially for my boys. And, of course, if it makes more fun and more holiday memories, it's for me too.
1. Book Advent Calendar. I've wanted to do this for a couple years, but it requires 24 books and some planning ahead. So, I was kind of doubtful about it happening this year. However, we pulled out the decorations yesterday, and I discovered that we had 22 Christmas books! Needless to say, I bought the remaining two at Target today. I was just too close not to. Then, while Beckett was sleeping and Hamilton was watching a movie, I wrapped them all up. My plan is for Hamilton and me to do this during Beckett's naptime.

2. Felt Christmas Tree. I saw this on Pinterest a few weeks ago and thought, "I have to do this!" I happened to already have a bunch of green and red felt. So, after getting felt in some more colors (a trip that totally traumatized Alex...bad childhood memories of fabric stores, I guess), I spent an hour or so making the tree and decorations. There is SUCH potential for cute ornaments, but I resisted doing anything too elaborate because Hamilton has a tendency to destroy things I've worked hard on, which is accompanied by my tendency to become completely unhinged. And, indeed, he's already tried to throw the ornaments away. *Sigh* I can see, though, this being a fun tradition and each year adding better ornaments, with the boys eventually making them themselves.



After our Felt Tree Photo Shoot, Hamilton wanted to take some pictures. I let him and felt super pleased about my picking up his own kid camera for his birthday at the end of the month. Shhhh...don't tell him. :)

4 comments:
Your family is ADORABLE!!! I love those traditions. i need to do the book advent calendar. That is so neat.
You are awesome and so copyable. I know that isn't a word, but I love your fun ideas and will mostly likely be stealing them again sometime. Merry Christmas - have fun with your super cute boys!
fun stuff ... we tried the book thing last year, and wouldn't you know i found books still wrapped for this year. so much for good intentions. :)
love the pics ... and how nice to see you in one, for once! :)
Hey! So cute book advent! And I love the felt tree... you have given me some great ideas! :)
Post a Comment