So, here's day 1....
Time: Arrived at the parking garage at 2 and left it at 8:30.
Weather: Rainy...but it did most of the raining this morning. The park was wet, but it only drizzled on us occasionally and briefly. So, of course, even fewer people. Yea! And we all got to wear our raincoats. Double yea!
Rides:
- H's first choice was Peter Pan, as he'd just watched it. Love, love that magical ride. It's too bad it's usually a loooooong wait. But not today!
- Casey, Jr, which is usually a long wait we never do (bad mom). We were in the "wild animal" cage. Hamilton roared at everyone for most of the ride. Beckett did too, but his little roar made me want to squeeze him and slip him in my pocket.
- Mr. Toad, Dumbo, Carousel (Beckett's first choice), Pinnochio, Nemo, Jungle Cruise
- Pirates. This is a great favorite of both the boys. Beckett starts singing the song whenever you mention it. We walked right on (with a big line forming behind my distractable slow pokes) and got the front row. As usual, Hamilton put his hands up for the drop. Where does he get this stuff?
- Autopia. You really feel like a parent of a big kid when you're pushing the pedal while someone else does a terrible job steering. Loved it.
- Winnie the Pooh, which was appropriately followed by the purchase and immediate consumption of a Tigger Tail. Yum. Yum. Extra yum.
- After Nemo, I was looking for a place to grab some dinner and saw that the parade ropes were up. This was confusing because there wasn't a soul lined up for a parade. I asked the Disney workers if there was still a parade tonight, who responded, "Yes, but you'd better race to get your seats now. As you can see, it's pretty intense." Hmmm...low crowds lead to increased employee sarcasm. Interesting.
- A grabbed Beckett a corn dog (yes, he ate almost the entire thing on his own) and Hamilton the accompanying chips, and we headed to Main Street. We sat on the curb while they ate for a few minutes....and soon the parade was upon us!
- I must confess. I like Disney parades. I like them because my boys like them. They're just mesmerized and excited to see all the characters they know.
- Great way to end the night!
It was a great, great day. So great, in fact, that I'm kind of worried about the rest of the week. How can we top low crowds, no hot weather, and hours without me yelling about behavior? Eh, who care? I got today!
Photos!
note: I thought I had blogger figured out, but my pics are a bit out of order. lame.
Hamilton is always excited to see Pluto, mostly on behalf of his doggy-loving, Pluto pillow-owning little brother. This is the first time Beckett went to a character on his own. Much high-fiving and fist bumps not captured on camera. Hamilton also spotted Minnie Mouse across the way, and his loud and enthusiastic, "Minnie Mouse!" even had the character chaperones cracking up.

Not sure what happened here as far as picture quality, but I had to include it because it's the first time Hamilton has noticed the sword. He's seen the movie, so he knew just what to do.

Look who got a driver's license!

On the tram into the park:

Waiting for the parade. mmmm...orange soda.

On the way back on the tram. Still looking good!

Hamilton's friend gave him some "Disney Dollars" for his birthday. I let him shop at the big Disney store after we left the park. He fell asleep holding the bag. So cute.

Had to take one of Boo Boo Beckett too. He really didn't want his jammies on. He kept shouting, "Shoes! Shoes!" at me. I guess he wasn't ready for the day to end.

Beckett's driver's license. They're very lax here about driving, clearly.
1 comment:
Adorable! I wish we had gone with you if it was that awesome! The rain probably scared people away. I'll join you thurs afternoon. :-)
Post a Comment