Friday, July 13, 2012

Our Week: Friday the 13th

 So....I'm really bad at blogging lately.  Just check out the dates of my posts as well the first sentence to most of them: "I'm behind on the blog" or some variation of such.  My new goal is to set aside Friday's naptime as "blog time," a recap of the week and some place to put my pics.  Of course, the next two Fridays we'll be on the go, so.....we'll see.

It seems appropriate that this week ends on a "Friday the 13th" as it's been a strange one.  Monday morning we were racing to music class, only to discover our garage door no longer opened, leaving the car (and all our energies) trapped at home.  Luckily a few friends came over for some front yard fun, so it wasn't a total loss.  Hamilton also developed a sudden and full-body case of the hives.  So, between his feeling crummy and suffering a Benedryl-induced sleepiness, our week continued to be pretty low key.  "Low key" being defined as "we didn't do much and thus all went stir crazy."  And I'm still wondering how I've spent so much time AT home and gotten so LITTLE done. Grrr.

Random tidbit: H started swim lessons this week! He's adorable in his goggles, and the lessons are going well so far.

Alex would say the odd week actually began on Saturday when I suddenly started cleaning the house.  It was (and still is, darn it) much needed, and "cleaning" beats "be in charge of the boys" every time.  I did have some help though:


Through our babysitting co-op, we got to go out for dinner on Saturday night.  We had a gift card for our fav sushi place, but this girl can't have raw fish right now :).  My poor hearing and our waitress's accent resulted in my ordering this creepy Spider Roll:


Baby's due December 31st, which is my mama's birthday. :)  Christmas season will be very busy for us...forever. Hamilton was born December 30th.  We're excited.

Our friends have a terrific dress-up box.  Hamilton enjoyed being a pirate and getting after "Smee!!" for a good portion of the evening. Note: Being shirtless is a compromise, as I originally found him sporting undies only.



This is the morning after our first "Hives Day."  He requested Cheetos for breakfast, and I said "sure" because that's what you do when your little dude is kind of miserable.


Uh oh. They flared up again that night.  Luckily, after an Aveeno oatmeal bath, some cold Calamine lotion, and Benedryl kicking in, they subsided quite a bit before bedtime.  I still let him fall asleep in our bed though.  Alex heard Hamilton explaining to Beckett the next day, "Put your lotion in the fridge, Mommy gives you a special bath, and you sleep in Mommy and Daddy's bed. And then your hives will go away!" So funny.  Eavesdropping on those two is cracking me up lately.  Last night, Beckett kept repeating something to Hamilton, and Hamilton kept responding, "Quiet, Beckett. I'm trying to think what you're saying!"


So, Thursday was our first hives-free day. Hooray! So, I made it to the gym and to our usual Thursday beach appointment.  Here are the boys enjoying a snack:

It's interesting to see what activities become "traditions."  When Hamilton was on Benedryl, I made him a little bed to watch a movie during B's naptime.  Now Hamilton calls it his "nest," and I need to create one regularly.  He lets me know exactly how it's to be done, as I tend to go light on the pillows. :)












Facebook posts for the week:
*Poor, sad hive-stricken Hamilton after I tucked him into bed: "mommy? Can I tell you something? I love you." for everyone out there (self included) who thinks H only likes his dad. :)
*To add to my list of "things I never thought I'd say": "boys! stop chewing the walls and eat your dinner!"
*Hamilton: there's no TV because it's bedtime, right?
Alex: yep, that's right.
Hamilton: you and mommy watch TV at bedtime.
My thoughts: oh s&$* there's a lawyer gene, and H has it.

Oh, and I also made a movie from video I've taken with my iPhone from January-June. Enjoy...



4 comments:

Mer said...

First, congrats! Hope you are to the feeling better stage. Thanks for the update - sorry about the hives- they looked awful. Can't wait to see you.

Karen said...

I love that you included fb updates. I need to record mine in a journal somewhere. Poor Hamilton! I'm calling you if that ever happens to my kids(since the doctor in our home will most likely not be home). Bah! I would probably be in freak-out mode. Congratulations again on your baby announcement!! I get excited everytime I think about it!! I didn't realize it's your mom's bday. What a sweet time of year.

Streett's said...

Congratulations on baby!!! So exciting! Poor Hamiliton :( Love the video your boys look like best friends, that's awesome!

jami v. said...

Woot-woo on the baby news!! I'm so excited for you. Nothing better than newbies to hug. I, too, hope you are past the icky sick part of pregnancy.

Love the pics-- but they make me so sad!! Hives are no fun on littles!!!

Thanks for the update! Love hearing your news.