Monday, August 13th
This is the day my friend Megan watched my boys for 6+ hours, so I could make some headway in the room best known as what-now-needs-to-be-a-cute-nursery-not-a-dumping-ground. I was so excited about the progress made, I blogged about it already. The downside to the day is that Beckett was one sad little boy. He did NOT like seeing me leave again with Hamilton and Megan's older boys to go to swim lessons. He's more of a mommy's boy than Hamilon, that's for sure.
Hamilton did a great job this summer with his swimming lessons. I signed him up for two sessions. By the last one, he was swimming around without help...so much so that I couldn't believe it was really him! After this day's swim lessons and being fully reunited with Becks, I took them for an ice cream cone at McDonald's. Yeah....right before dinner. Sometimes moms need to break the rules.
Tuesday, August 14th
We "borrowed" or "stole" Wesley from his mom (my sister-in-law Karen) after having lunch all together. After arriving home, I successfully put Wesley and Beckett down for naps and felt a little more confident in my ability to have three kids. After naps, we played in the water outside, even having Megan's youngest join us for a bit. How much do I love our front yard? It's close enough to a playroom/family room to make life a bit easier.
I bought this swimsuit for Beckett recently, and I could take pictures of him in it all day long.
Cousins! The three boys truly like each other, which makes me truly happy. Those relationships are super important to me. If only Luke and Miles lived closer! :(
Wednesday, August 15th
Wesley spent the night, and only got a sad face for a moment asking, "Mommy? Mommy?" This, of course, means, we can steal him again and give Karen, now mom to baby Parker, a break. I texted Karen this photo in response to her asking how things were going. The boys are dressed and ready to head to the Aquarium!
It took awhile for Wesley to want to get out of the stroller. So different from my crazies.
Hamilton's current favorite fish: the giant sea bass. We once came to the aquarium for a couple hours and spent all our time here...with a quick lunch somewhere in the middle.
The boys and a sea lion.
It looks like we broke into the penguin exhibit, but it's a photo opp with fake birds/background...I swear!
By this time Wesley is fully cool without the safety/comfort of the stroller and happily and excitedly touched rays with my boys.
Lunch! The Diet Dr Pepper is mine. And, yes, Hamilton's lunch is fries. And Wesley's (mostly) as well, to be honest. Ah, well.
Cheese!
I returned to my car in the parking garage to discover this little treat. There's a double white line in between spaces, so I'm less over than it looks. But thanks to that sweet parking job by the sedan, I got to haul my pregnant self in from the passenger side...in a skirt. Kinda funny.
As we were leaving the Aquarium, I suddenly stopped at the gift store, realizing that's how aunts are different than moms...souvenirs. I tried a couple things on him, but Wesley was fully and adorably smitten with this penguin. My boys (no, I didn't leave them out) chose a Shark Attack game. Naturally. We managed to keep Wesley awake on the drive back to his home...couldn't have Karen miss out on enjoying his naptime! The boys still ask regularly when he's coming back.
Thursday, August 16th
We enjoyed our usual beach day. I can hardly see my phone in the bright sun, so imagine my joy upon seeing that I managed to take this awesome photo. Man, I am crazy about these boys of mine!
Post-beach nap. I have about a billion pics of Beckett napping. They are irresistible. Why not ones of Hamilton? WAY too light of a sleeper...I never dared risk it! Lately, Becks is saying "no" to naps because he's a "big boy." But he's asleep about 5 minutes after his defiant explanation. I call your bluff, little dude!
Friday, August 17th
I decided we needed to implement a new family tradition: Monthly Friday Night Movies. This night we had pizza, watermelon, and root beer floats picnic style on the living room floor while watching The Empire Strikes Back. Hamilton asked questions pretty much non-stop. Jedis need to know stuff. :)
Facebook for the Week
- Quote of the day: "America's Got Talent is a beacon of hope." *sigh* I miss the Olympics.
















1 comment:
Love the weekly updates - you are really ambitious! And props on dealing with the lame park job.
Post a Comment