So, I had a "I wish my mom were here" cry this week, and she's been more on my mind ever since. I don't usually indulge in the "It's not fair" way of thinking, but I must admit that the old pregancy hormones had me indulging a bit. Luckily, despite being giant pregnant, it's still important to me to have a bag that goes with my outfit, which meant I pulled out a black bag for church I haven't used in ages. In a desperate (but ultimately fruitless) search for gum, I stumbled onto the familiar mommy print that always makes me feel like she's not so far away. It was a note she wrote me before I left for Germany. I thought I'd share it with you, Travis (since that's who reads this blog!), so we can both enjoy some "Mommy advice":
Front of card "Everyone needs their own spot"
"And apparantly, my little girl, your "spot" is no longer in Utah! I'm so excited for your adventure to begin. I know with all my heart this will be a wonderful year for you--this knowledge alone makes it possible for me to let you go. I hope you can feel it to, because its full of peace and hope. This is my favorite scripture, partly because of the content but also because of the many times it has rescued me: "PeaceI leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27. It has become my very own text and now, I share it with you. I can't begin to tell you how much I will miss you. Your quick wit and tender care will be greatly missed. After all, we are the only two Snyder girls and need each other to survive this "wretched world!" Please rely on your Heavenly Father. I will never forget the time in North Carolina when I finally understood that He loves me. That knowledge was both powerful and transforming. Find out for yourself and begin to realize all the wonderful blessings that your Heavenly Father has promised you. I love you dearly, Mom"
Now I'm not saying finding this note was anything other than a happy accident, but just when I was needing Mom...I get to hear her testimony and her tell me that she loves me....definitely better than the gum I was orginally searching for.
5 comments:
Kate,
Maybe the pregnancy hormones are getting to me, too, but I can't help but get a little teary-eyed reading your post. Thanks so much for sharing that. It really shows me what kind of person your mom is and what kind of mom and person I need to be. Those Snyder girls are high quality - thanks for adopting me into your crew!
I have no excuse of pregnancy, but that really got to me. It seems you found something that would be beneficial for the both of us. I had been organizing my graduation plan for school and getting more than a little freaked out, when I took a break to check the blog and found your message. I seriously appreciate you sharing it. By the way Travis is not the only one who reads your blog.
Heidi: I'm super glad to have expanded "the Snyder girls" to three (maybe 4!) and happy to have followed my gut and posted the note...it just seemed like it was for than just me.
Jackson: Wow...a comment from you :). We'll always need Mom, and it's nice to know she's still with us, even if it works a little differently now. I love you, Little Jack...good luck with the graduation plan!
I've been thinking about your post, Kato, since Jack read it to me last night. It's very touching, to say the least, and reminded me how your mom always did little daily things to remind us of her love. It's sort of miraculous to have a surprise note turn up again. It's like when your mom would put her hands in the pockets of something she hadn't worn in a while to find a five dollar bill there. A small little surprise miracle.
love the post
love the momma
love my family.
Post a Comment