I just finished having lunch (yummy salad at El Gringo's) with my friend Jen who aptly described the situation I find myself in: cresting that first hill of a rollar coaster. Look over to the left of this blog, and you can see what's waiting for me on the other side: my little boy! I'm not sure when I'll be careening down this crazy coaster of parenthood, but, like the tell tale clicking sound of a coaster, I have signs all around me that it's getting close:
*Thanks to the CHP, I am currently driving around with a properly installed car seat in my back seat. While deep down I was hoping Ponch would have helped me, I guess the more important reason I made the appointment with the CHP was to make sure the baby would be safe (and take care of the guilt trip mentioned in an earlier blog).
*I now own nursing bras and nursing pads.
*I bought fragrance-and dye- free detergent to wash the baby clothes with. (I know...dangling preposition...but I'm on maternity leave!).
*I've been feeling more "Braxton Hicks" contractions...they're like pre-labor contractions that don't hurt much.
*There's a little boy's nursery down the hall from my room.
*Our stair railing, which did seem simply outdated, now looks like a death trap...it's not safe for crawling babies!
*I'm nearing the end of my patience for retaining water...it's like an entire water cooler has been injected into my arms and legs.
*There are presents under the tree "To: My Daddy From: Hamilton" and "To: Hamilton From: Mommy."
I'm excited and nervous to meet the little guy that's been cruising around with me for 38+ weeks...how strange to have such a mystery so physically close to me. I can't wait to kiss his little feet and put him in snuggly sleepers. Luckily, Christmas is keeping me somewhat preoccupied...
p.s. Heidi, thanks for the music on your blog....it's keeping me company while I do Christmas cards :)
2 comments:
This is so weird. I have heard so much about little Hamilton, and I just bought him a little christmas present, but until I read your blog and heard all about his little feet, I never really realized how soon he will be a real part of our lives. I can't imagine how you feel if I feel this way.
What's really weird is that my comments come from the future because I haven't been keeping up with the blogs.
It's like I'm Goob in a time machine.
Hamilton's going to be born on 30 December 2007, between his cousin, Luke, and his Grandma Lu Ann.
Post a Comment