Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Moments



So, little Hamilton continues to be in the anti-sleep camp.  He fooled me by sleeping 10 hours a night for 3 weeks...with my defenses down, he sprang the "I'm up and ready to party at 2 am" business on me the last three nights.  IF he napped during the day, this would be more manageable.  Anyway, what often results is a cranky-pants Hamilton (and Mommy) by late afternoon.  On one of these days, we went for a walk around the block looking at plants.  I picked a flower, and he held it...without eating it or letting go until I'd taken some pictures. He's a smart little boy...it's moves like this that keep him around :).


6 comments:

racetri.com said...

Hamilton photos are priceless. thanks.

he looks exactly like your little boy should, I love it.

our 10 days together in June will be epic:)

heidi said...

Travis and I literally squeeled with joy when we opened your blog and saw pictures of the little dude. And the flower story is priceless. Next, we will get Luke to have him rehearse the line "Mama, you're beautiful." That is one of Luke's moves that keep him around.

jami v. said...

it's funny, isn't it? they try you (and just wait until they can talk! :) ) and do all kinds of things, like not sleeping, and wear you out, and then they do something so adorable that you can't help but love them and forget (for a brief moment at least :) ) how crazy things were a moment ago. just the other day, at the end of a sweet 3 year old fit, cole came and put his arms around me and said, "i really love you mom." ok. tantrum forgotten. :)

john said...

You're little man is getting big.
looking more like a little boy, and less like a baby.
fun.

kate said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one with a naughty (and cleverly cute) boy! :)

Travis...you think Hamilton looks like my baby because you can somehow sense he has a ticklish neck like his mama. His squeals probably sound about the same as mine.

Treidi said...

i will test that little boy neck this june!

better get him ready.