Friday, April 24, 2009

An LA Night


I've written several blog entries in my mind over the last couple weeks, but naptime has been cleaning/organizing time, so there's been no time for the blogging world.  Because I'm writing now, it must mean my house is perfect, right? Hardly. I've just come to the realization that my house will never be "done."  Dust, laundry, and dirty dishes keep appearing.  Strange.  Unfortunately, boredom and laziness keep appearing in me, so here I am...

Alex and I celebrated our third anniversary April 8th, and Alex got us concert tickets to Mates of State.  As a sidenote, it is unfortunate that Hamilton couldn't go because they are one of his favorite bands. He sings to the chorus of several songs and gets upset when I try to expand his musical taste beyond them and Bon Iver.  We'll keep working it. Now back to this entry's real subject...our LA night.

We took the subway from downtown because Hollywood Blvd was shut down and crazy for a Depeche Mode concert held on Hollywood and Vine in conjunction with Jimmy Kimmel.  As we got to the entrance of our destination theater, Depeche Mode started playing.  Wow, not a bad opening band, right?  The "second" opening band was crazy.  String metal. Check them out on you tube.  They also played with Mates of State.  During a break between Mates of State and Black Kids, Alex and I knocked the last "to do in Hollywood" item off our last by spotting a celebrity, that guy from Entourage.  Um...not awesome to look at in real life.  

The non-LA events of the night (besides using public transportation and managing to only pay $2 for parking) were turning down "I'm 21! Let me drink!" wristbands and heading home before the show was over (darn parenthood!).

  

No comments: