Today I'm grateful for . . . better pre-trip planning and Disneyland.
Yep, that's right...I get to do a Disneyland post! Hooray!
Let's start with the "better trip planning" bit, though. Typically, I am running around until the last minute, stressed and sweating, to get ready for a trip...despite efforts to avoid this, especially as it begins our trips on such a bad note. But I experienced the first holiday miracle of the season by managing to plan well enough (and unselfishly give up the gym today), so that I was packed, our Thanksgiving food assignments were (almost) prepared, family projects completed, house reasonably in order by 4pm today.
Which takes us to the second part of my "gratitude" of the day. Alex came home early from work, and we jumped into the car and headed to the Magic Kingdom. I'll upload pics and video, as well as write more details, later, but I'll leave this entry for now with this:
As we watched the holiday fireworks show (Alex holding Hamilton and me holding Beckett, who was holding me close, his cheek pressed against mine), I thought, my life is perfect. Just perfect. Then, when the "snow" fell down around us to "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas," my heart felt almost too full, love for my boys, love for Alex, love for the holidays, and gratitude for all those blessings.
I hope everyone gets a moment like this this holiday season.
1 comment:
That's beautiful. You deserve those moments.
Post a Comment