Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Week in Review: August 27th-31st

So, much of this week is a blur to me, and there are hardly any photos, so I figure it was a pretty normal, uneventful week in general.  There are, however, some highlights.

On Friday, Alex was supposed to get off work early, so we, of course, thought, "Disneyland!" He did NOT get off early, but we went anyway...leaving the house at about the boys' bedtime.  Totally irresponsible, for sure. Ah, well. Carpe diem, etc.

On the way there, Hamilton drew the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for Beckett. Adorable, right?  Hamilton was so disinterested in coloring and drawing for so long, and now he's suddenly interested.  Unfortunately, he's overly frustrated sometimes, not being able to draw something exactly how he wants it. The poor little guy drew two dozen "heads" before declaring "a circle" impossible, thus abandoning his attempted family portrait. :(  So, when he does complete a drawing, we are super ready with praise!


Did I mention that we started our Disney evening at bedtime? We left 10:30-ish...boys didn't make it to the car awake.

 Earlier in the summer, Hamilton became obsessed with the idea of getting the Imaginext Tiger Castle.  Seizing the opportunity, we made a sticker chart he needed to complete to earn it.  There are 75 stickers there! So, it took awhile.  But he was pretty darn happy when he made it. :)  When his friend came over the other day, Hamilton was "showing him around" and pointed at the castle, exclaiming, "Look what I earned!"  So, I'm feeling pretty happy about that lesson.  We're actually on a 2nd reward chart, but his motivation isn't too high, sadly.




















Earlier in the week I had my 20+ week ultrasound.  We had gone to "First Look" when I was 16 weeks, but--despite the "I'm 100% positive; I've never been wrong in 9 years"--I still didn't quite believe it. We're having a girl. A girl. Whose due date is my mom's birthday. Holy smokes. I have so much to write about with the prospect of having a daughter (a daughter?!?!!), but I think I'll save most of it for after she's born.  But here she is...everything looking healthy...



Facebook:
  • In case any of you were curious: 1. Yes, a Nerf dart shot directly into your eye is quite painful and 2. Yes, that particular act will destroy any remaining zen leftover from your non-kid weekend.
  • Grocery store check-out line wisdom of the day: "They'd be better if they were little girls. But the little one is pretty cute."
  • Me: what should we name this baby?
    H: Lydia
    Me: cute name, but we already have a Lydia [my one and only niece].
    H: ok. Frankenstein.
  • I'm not sure what the "mom merit badge" situation is, but I just cleaned up the biggest, grossest "code V" ever. Of course, epic fail on needing to simultaneously answer all of H's questions (both vomit and Halloween costume related).
  • Generally dislike FB political posts, but please allow me a "Nicely done, Mr. Romney."
  • Last day :(. But here's to a new phase of motherhood and housewifery...and (hopefully--gulp) 6am workouts. — at Spectrum Clubs. [Ah, yes. Gave up the gym this week.  As the kids were getting older, it was starting to be more a burden/selfish. I'll definitely miss it--and the boys will too--but I'm also looking forward to more open schedules for us to play and do things together...and housework and making dinner).
  • The original plan was to arrive by 5. #bedtimeisforpansies #nodemandingclientcrampsourstyle — at Disneyland Resort. [our "check-in" at Disneyland on Friday]     

1 comment:

jami v. said...

hello, i'm never on the computer any more but a girl? a GIRL!!!??? YIPEE!!! CONGRATS!!! and i seriously love the ultrasound pic. LOVE it! i'm so happy and excited for you!

ps-and a little jealous you can just jaunt off to disneyland at bedtime, or any time! :)